Q. What makes CHI different from other health systems?
A. There are some factors that make CHI different from other employers, and from other health systems – see our What Makes CHI Different page.
We are committed to the integration of evidence-based practices.
In addition, we understand that physicians are critically important to the achievement of CHI’s strategic priorities: our development of future leaders; our commitment to clinical excellence; our development of integrated care networks; good stewardship of our resources; and our ability to grow.
Q. Does CHI provide benefits to employed physicians?
A. Yes, we offer benefits that are comprehensive and competitive. Benefits may vary based on location; please talk to your recruiter for more information.
Q. Does CHI offer residency programs?
A. Yes, several of our hospitals manage, host or participate in residency programs. Some examples include:
- Frazier Rehab Institute, Louisville, KY – sponsors the University of Louisville Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency program
- Jewish Hospital, Louisville, KY – hosts the University of Louisville Department of Family and Community Medicine residency program; offers a Podiatry Residency program in partnership with the University of Louisville Hospital
- Mercy Medical Center, Des Moines, IA – offers a general surgery residency program and a family medicine residency program
- St. Joseph Medical Center, Reading, PA – offers an osteopathic family residency program
- TriHealth, Cincinnati, OH – offers multiple residencies, including general surgery, vascular surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, family medicine, internal medicine, and several fellowships
You can also visit our hospital’s websites to find out more about residency opportunities.
Q. Would I have opportunities to be involved in research programs?
A. CHI offers opportunities to be involved in leading research and development programs through our CHI Institute for Research and Innovation, which includes:
Q. Does CHI have electronic medical records?
A. Our physician enterprise is fully engaged in the development of our integrated electronic health record, currently in use in several markets. During the next few years, our EHR will be implemented across all CHI sites of care.
Q. What resources does CHI provide for practice management?
A. Our OneCare initiative for the development of our integrated electronic health record also includes enhanced electronic tools for managing physician practices.
Q. Does CHI follow the Ethical and Religious Directives (ERDs) for Health Care written by the Catholic bishops?
A. Yes, our physicians are expected to follow the ERDs. The ERDs reaffirm the ethical standards of behavior in health care that flow from the Church’s teaching about the dignity of the human person and provide guidance on certain moral issues that face Catholic health care today. If you have questions about the ERDs, please talk with your recruiter.